Sales Development Agent
OnDeck is a leading online platform for small business loans which has recently announced expansion into the Australian market, introducing its disruptive online lending solution to Australia’s over two million small businesses. Founded in the US in 2006, OnDeck pioneered the use of data analytics and digital technology to evaluate, approve and fund small business loans as fast as the same day. Today, the OnDeck Group has loaned over US$12 billion to more than 100,000 small businesses across the US, Canada and Australia.
In the Direct Sales Team, we provide solutions to our business owners that allow them to focus on running their business. You will be a crucial part of funnelling potential merchants through to our Sales Team and creating new business opportunities. This role will be a mixture of warm and cold leads in a high paced call environment.
What will keep this person busy?
- Develop new business consistently by calling a significant number of potential merchants each day
- Follow up on all leads within Service Level Agreements and maintain an active pipeline
- Generate new business prospects for Sales agents through pro-active, targeted outbound calling
- Meeting and exceeding daily, weekly and monthly KPI’s and targets (essential)
- Making a high volume of outbound / inbound phone calls
- Explaining the key benefits of On Deck with potential clients
- Handling customers objections
- Developing and maintaining accurate product knowledge
- Effective note taking on all client interactions and input into CRM systems
- Understand and apply concepts of deal structure and strategy that are proven models for successful achievement
- Generate new business through pro-active, targeted outbound calling
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Serve as an ambassador for the OnDeck Australia brand
Qualifications and Skills Desired:
- Sales or call centre experience. Minimum of 1.5 years of professional experience
- Extreme resilience in a fast paced, high call volume, Sales environment
- A lot of energy, passion, humour, compassion, and enthusiasm
- A great personality with superior communications skills
- Focus on your goals and have a real desire to succeed
- Powerful work ethic and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate high degrees of diligence and accountability
- Ability to exercise your own judgement and discretion while working independently
What sets you apart?
- You’re a curious, energetic self-starter who is fanatical about delivering results. You strive for excellence in all you do and are always looking at ways to raise the bar.
- You are sales focused and are happy to pick up the phone and complete outbound sales
- You’re a true people person and thrive on developing and maintaining relationships with a range of people. Accordingly, you have a high level of emotional intelligence, and know how to read your audience to adapt your style as necessary.
What we offer you.
- Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Work in a fun, fast-paced start up environment with brilliant people
- Be on a motivated team that gets a lot done
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Variety of benefits and perks including discount of retailers and paid parental leave
- Be at the forefront of innovation, technology and disruption in the financial services industry in Australia