Product Roadmap Manager
Product Roadmap Manager / Product Manager – Lending Platform
Help us build out the future of business lending at OnDeck. You’ll join a team focused on disrupting the commercial lending market and helping small business succeed by providing SMEs access to funding in the easiest and fastest way. We’re looking for a rockstar Product Manager to join our team that is motivated by the opportunity to bring our product vision to life and drive forward an ambitious roadmap.
Product Management can be many things. This role is one for those individuals that just thrive working with ambiguity, and aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty! At OnDeck our Product Manager gets involved with and has exposure to many key business initiatives, either leading them or contributing as a subject matter expert. From day one you’ll have the opportunity to accelerate your professional skill development in area such as presenting to senior audiences, communication, prioritisation, problem solving and leadership. This is the kind of experience it takes years to develop working in a bank or large organisation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Director of Product, you’ll be responsible for developing and implementing our product roadmap that is focused on achieving our key strategic initiatives. This start with taking our brand new lending platform to the next level by introducing customised loan origination experiences, automating our decision process and launching new product features. To achieve this, you will need to work closely with stakeholders across the business to identify product requirements and work with our US platform provider to do all that is needed to put this into production.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Prioritise the plethora of ideas we have into a structured product roadmap that delivers on key business initiatives
- Responsible for the implementation of our product roadmap
- Work closely with the head of data and analytics to determine and manage the implementation of our data roadmap
- Work collaboratively with our business and US SaaS platform provider to implement the roadmap including requirements gathering, technical specification, determine dependencies, costs, implementation schedules, manage the deployment and rollout
- Work with the business to proactively recommend product/process enhancements that deliver improvements to the customer experience and can be enabled by Product or Technology enhancements.
- Contributing to business cases and project implementation as OnDeck’s Platform subject matter expert
- Responsible for the intake and implementation of all platform changes, from requirements gathering through to implementation and release
- Engage in project and change management for the implementation of product releases
- Act as the go to person for all product roadmap related information needs
- Define and report on platform performance metrics
- And many, many other things…
To be eligible for this position you need
- Experience defining and managing the implementation of a product roadmap
- Demonstrate the to see the interconnectedness of product features and processes
- Confidently collaborate with people across the businesses and in different locations
- Some technical understanding of SaaS platforms and agile methodology as well as business processes.
- Experience working with and managing 3rd party providers is highly desired
- Excellent organisation and communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- 2 years’ experience in product management or a similar role preferably in the financial services or fintech industry.
What sets you apart?
- You’re a curious, energetic self-starter with an action-oriented mindset driven by results
- You are self-motivated and are excited by change and the unknown and thrive in a collaborative team
- You seek opportunity and enjoy the challenge of removing obstacles to business success
- Keen to grow your experience and are driven by the contributions you can make to building a successful, impactful product and customer experience
- You are hands on, a fast learner, move quickly, and love solving problems in a fast-paced environment .
- You enjoy working with a variety of people across the business to identify and solve problems, including people in other parts of the world.
WHO ARE WE?
OnDeck Australia was founded in 2015 and has grown to become one of Australia’s largest online small business lender’s, in a category largely underserved by traditional banks and financial institutions. OnDeck Australia is a locally owned and operated business, headquartered in Sydney
We are changing the way business owners borrow money by combining our passion for small business with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, using real time data which enables us to say “yes” more often, to more business owners, faster than traditional lenders. We have helped thousands of small business owners across Australia access short term, unsecured finance to drive their business growth and enable more opportunities.
OnDeck’s point of difference has always been leveraging our unique credit scoring capability and our understanding of small businesses to provide best in class lending solutions, delivered by awesome people. The Key Online Australian Lending Algorithm (KOALA Score™) was developed in-house by our own data scientists and regarded as one of the most predictive models in the market. It uses a broad range of data sources that enables us to evaluate the financial health and repayment capacity of small businesses, which in turn enables us to offer larger loans to more businesses, through a fast and efficient online platform.
The success of the KOALA Score™ has supported the launch of our Lightning Loans® process. With more than two thirds of all decisions made without underwriter input, it creates a faster, more streamlined application process for loans of up to $150,000. Funding decisions can be made in as fast as 30 minutes, with approved applicants funded in as fast as two hours. This combination of KOALA and Lightning Loans is driving some of the fastest, most accurate lending decisions in the SME market today.
Apply now by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org