Collections Specialist – Early Stage
About the job
A fantastic opportunity is available for an ambitious and enthusiastic Collections Specialist to join the team at On Deck Capital Australia Pty Ltd. This is a key position within the OnDeck Operations Team. You will be primarily responsible for providing outstanding customer service and assisting in our commercial arrears portfolio bringing a strong customer centric focus.
To apply for this role, simply email your resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. Don’t click “Get Started” as this is for loan applications only.
Recently named the Best Place to Work (Under 100 employees), OnDeck is changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for customer service with cutting-edge technology. We use data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to our customers. Through our industry-dominating proprietary data, we do innovative, out-of-the-box thinking and quantitative analysis which drives OnDeck’s customer management strategies, product features and customer retention.
Our passion and mission in Operations is to provide small businesses and internal stakeholders with an amazing credit delivery and servicing experience. We work hard as a team to build and operate the most frictionless and scalable environment for small business credit delivery and service. We continuously invest in people, automation through technology, and efficiency through process optimization. Our team thrives on our culture – We are passionate about having fun, being open and empowering team members.
The Collections Specialist is responsible for:
- Taking and making a high volume of outbound and inbound phone calls
- Educate customers on our solutions to address their arrears balance and assess financial hardship applications.
- Take accountability of and manage own portfolio – early stage collections
- Build rapport with our customers to identify reasons for arrears, and negotiate a resolution in a respectful manner
- Adhere to all legislative guidelines including ASIC and ACCC and Privacy Act
- Adhere to internal policy, system processes and external regulatory requirements
- Support other team members with ad hoc duties that are vital in achieving departmental goals
- Work as part of a team to achieve individual and team KPIs
Who we are looking for:
- 1+ years’ experience in collections, customer service or phone-basedsales looking for a career change
- Have a positive attitude, are team oriented, and have energy, passion, humour and compassion
- Detailed orientated with strong analytical and intuitive investigative skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workflows
- Outstanding communicator who enjoys talking with customers, with the ability to handle fast paced, interpersonal environment
- Experienced in objection handling and influencing, with an ability to drive conversations to reach a desired outcome
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral or written form
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Persistent and resilient
- Willing to learn and take on feedback
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams
- Experience using Salesforce is desired but not essential as on the job training will be provided
At OnDeck, you will:
- Literally change the landscape of small businesses one conversation at a time!
- Bring your thinking and creativity to advance our company’s values, unique culture, and vision for the future
- Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Work in a fun, fast-paced start up environment with some really cool and brilliant people
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary package
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work
- A workplace full of bright, interesting, enthusiastic colleagues
- Be on a motivated team that gets a lot done
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
To apply for this role, simply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.