Collections Officer – Late Stage
OnDeck are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for customer service with cutting-edge technology.
We achieve this using data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans in a much more convenient and customer-friendly way. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
About the Role
Primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Handle high volume outbound and inbound phone calls
- Follow through with recovering outstanding debts
- Manage own portfolio
- Negotiate the collection of outstanding accounts in a respectful manner and build rapport with our customers
- Adhere to all legislative guidelines including ASIC and ACCC and Privacy Act
- Be proactive and willing to learn
- Attend and respond to proposed bankruptcy petitions, liquidations and other insolvency requirements
- Assess and respond to financial hardship applications
We are looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years’ experience and demonstrated high performance in an unsecured or secured financial services collections role, preferably late stage collections
- Have a positive attitude, are team oriented, social and fun to work with
- Detailed orientated with strong analytical and intuitive investigative skills
- Ability manage multiple tasks and prioritize workflows
Here at OnDeck we have a strong focus on team engagement, and we are very proud to be certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work Institute. We have an office in the heart of the CBD, employee discount programs, study benefits, paid parental leave benefits, fully stocked kitchen and much more.
If you would like to join our team please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.