Business Development Manager – VIC
Who we are?
OnDeck Australia was founded in 2015 and has grown to become one of Australia’s largest online small business lender’s, in a category largely underserved by traditional banks and financial institutions. OnDeck Australia is a locally owned and operated business, headquartered in Sydney, with funding provided by Credit Suisse, iPartners and the AOFM.
We are changing the way business owners borrow money by combining our passion for small business with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, using real time data and which enables us to say “yes” more often, to more business owners, and faster than traditional lenders. Since our launch in 2015 we have helped thousands of small business owners across Australia access short term, unsecured finance to drive their business growth and enable more opportunities.
Reporting directly to the National Channel Manager – Broker, you will be an integral part of the broker channel sales team based within a designated state or territory with the responsibility of maintaining, growing and to leverage key relationships with partners & Aggregators whilst having an accountability for a specific territory budget.
The key focus of the role will be to foster and maintain strong relationships to create a continuity of revenue via each partner & Aggregator in your state / territory. You will work closely with several established partners & Aggregators as well as being responsible for the creation of new relationships capable of producing ongoing revenue.
This role is responsible for delivering unit and volume growth by developing sustainable and commercially viable and reciprocal relationships with Brokers & Aggregators. Our team prides itself in being able to educate, support and guide our Brokers through transactions for their small business clients. Supplying content, marketing collateral and working together on marketing campaigns is really just scratching the surface with our partner brokers. A single loan is great, but a return Broker is even better, and we are committed to earning business that lasts a lifetime.
- Prospect, qualify, on-board and maintain relationships with new broker partners & Aggregators in your designated state / territory.
- Grow relationships with a portfolio of existing partners & Aggregators
- Engage broker partners & Aggregators to refer business and deliver territory sales volumes
- Build strong partnerships in order to build market awareness and referral opportunities
- Ensure best practice sales and marketing execution is adhered to across your designated state / territory
- Educate the OnDeck value proposition to ensure regular deal opportunities
- Partner with Aggregator and association bodies & state teams to identify, engage and build business referrals to achieve territory sales volumes and critical metrics
- Provide management with regular sales pipeline updates
- Ability to effectively overcome customer objections and train others to do the same in order to acquire new business
- Actively contribute to the wider team’s motivation and positive attitude towards becoming a market leader within targeted markets
- Maintain accurate information in our SalesForce CRM system
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- An ability and a willingness to setup a designated amount of meetings per week with new partners & specified aggregators in your chosen state / territory
- Exceeding daily, weekly and monthly KPI’s and sales targets (essential)
- Follow up on leads and maintain an active pipeline daily
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Serve as an ambassador for the OnDeck Australia brand
What you need to succeed:
- Min 2 years’ experience working within a channel sales BDM role
- Experience working with Brokers or third-party origination channels highly desirable
- Energy, passion, humour, compassion, and enthusiasm
- A great personality with superior communications skills
- Focus on your goals and driven to win
- Powerful work ethic and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate high degrees of diligence and accountability
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to be recognised as a valued business supporter and partner
- Strong business insight and a keen understanding of the key motivators for business owners within the SME marketplace
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Apply now by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com