Who is OnDeck?
Named a Top 40 Australian workplace two years in a row, OnDeck has grown to become one of Australia’s largest locally owned online small business lender’s.
We are changing the way business owners borrow money by combining our passion for small business with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, using real time data which enables us to say “yes” more often, to more business owners, faster than traditional lenders. We have helped thousands of small business owners across Australia access short term, unsecured finance to drive their business growth and enable more opportunities.
About the Role
On Deck is currently looking for an assistant Financial Accountant report direct to the Finance Manager. The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with financial accounting experience within banking or financial services.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Assist, prepare and process monthly in the review of Balance Sheet reconciliations and journal entries
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Process, pay and administer payroll and superannuation
- Accounts payable process, checking and recording of supplier invoices, regular payment of invoices, reconciling supplier statements, employee reimbursements and credit card statements
- Assist with auditors for annual audit
- Preparation of tax calculations and returns (Payroll tax, FBT, BAS)
- Ad hoc projections
What sets you apart
- Tertiary qualification with an Accounting degree
- Experience in a previous Financial Accountant role
- Experience in Oracle NetSuite & ELMO advantageous
- Intermediate to advance Excel skills
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional communication both written and spoken
Why Work for OnDeck
Where do we begin? There’s plenty of reasons we’ve been named an Australian Top 40 Employer two years running.
To name a few, at OnDeck, you will:
- Literally change the landscape of small businesses one conversation at a time!
- Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Work in a fun, fast-paced environment with some really cool and brilliant people
What we offer you:
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Regular team building events
- Ongoing health & well being initiatives
- Great CBD location
- Hybrid Work Model
Apply now by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org