This is a newly created role reporting to the General Counsel who is responsible for legal, external affairs and enterprise risk. As the company’s dedicated compliance officer, with overall accountability for the compliance affairs of the company, this is a highly visible role and success will be based on building strong functional relationships with the business and effective compliance frameworks, culture and practices
- Design, develop and keep up to date company policies and procedures as well as design and help the business implement compliance controls
- Participate in projects and new business initiatives and provide compliance input to make processes and procedures work for the business
- Provide compliance advice to all OnDeck teams
- Stay close to changes in the regulatory landscape, and understand the impact on the business and consequent compliance needs
- Assist with regulatory reporting and internal compliance reporting to the executive team and the OnDeck board
- Liaise with compliance colleagues at OnDeck in the United States and Canada, and localise and implement global compliance frameworks
- Develop and manage the annual compliance program of work, including required internal and external reviews
- Maintain incident and issues registers and work with the business to monitor resolution
- Minimum 5-7 years of compliance or regulatory-related experience, preferably in financial services
- Undergraduate degree, legal qualifications helpful but not essential
- Knowledge of laws governing sale of lending products, AML and privacy
- Switched on and confident, inspiring the confidence of the business team, board, management, and colleagues
- Excellent project management skills and have solid experience driving compliance-related initiatives
- Ability and desire to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Ability to critically analyse regulation and public policy
- Strong interest in helping our small business customers grow their businesses
- Highest ethical standards
Why Work for OnDeck?
Our mission is to help Australian small businesses succeed and we’re very proud of the positive impact we are having as we achieve this mission. Check out what our customers have to say: https://au.trustpilot.com/review/ondeck.com.au
Our team is the most vital part of achieving our mission. Open leadership, regular communication, a great team environment, a fully stocked kitchen, regularly team building activities and offices in the heart of the CBD is just the beginning.
OnDeck is going through an exciting phase of growth. To be part of the story and the journey, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
How to Apply?
To be part of the growth story and rewarding journey, apply for this position, or for further information, send your details to email@example.com with the position in the subject line.