We are seeking an Underwriter to review, underwrite, structure and document new and renewal term and revolving credit products for the SMB market. The Underwriter will be responsible for identifying, gathering and analysing relevant information to assess credit risk, determine sources of repayment, create appropriate loan structures, approve/decline the credit request and ensure compliance with applicable regulations, credit policy, credit procedures and the company’s credit philosophy in an effort to mitigate loss, delinquency and overall risk.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Underwrite loans in accordance with company guidelines
- Analyse application data including financial statements, bank statements, credit card statements and business and personal credit reports
- Conduct interviews with prospective clients
- Determine credit worthiness and approval amounts
- Must have ability to communicate, in both written and verbal forms, factors in underwriting decisions
- Evaluate and provide recommendations for policy exceptions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economic or related discipline
- 1-2 years commercial lending, credit or underwriting experience
- Solid credit fundamentals in a commercial environment. Formal credit training a plus
- Strong analytical and intuitive investigative skills
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret business financial statements
Why work for OnDeck?
Offices located in the heart of the CBD, a fully stocked kitchen, regular team building activities, open leadership and an awesome team environment is just the beginning. OnDeck is going through an exciting phase of growth and having a lot of fun along the way. We’re backed by one of the largest global SME Fintech lenders, OnDeck Inc. and Australia’s leading accountancy software provider, MYOB. We pride ourselves on balancing speed and agility with responsible growth and lending.
To be part of the growth story and rewarding journey, apply for this position, or for further information, send your details to email@example.com with the position in the subject line.