Senior Manager, Data & Analytics
Who we are?
OnDeck is a leading online lending platform using disruptive technology to offer a smart funding solution to Australia’s two million small businesses. OnDeck is a data driven small business lender that can evaluate, approve and fund small business loans as fast as the same business day. Worldwide OnDeck has now originated more than US$8 billion in loans to more than 80,000 businesses in three countries (US, CA, AU).
We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for customer service with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that enables us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
OnDeck uses data aggregation from hundreds of data points along with business credit scores and bank statements to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses. Using this we efficiently deliver cashflow solutions in a market underserved by the major banks. Through the OnDeck platform, small businesses can obtain affordable loans in a much more convenient and customer-friendly way.
OnDeck Australia runs on Data. This position is responsible for optimising Australia’s data and reporting process, developing data analytics that drives the success of business, as we work to understand small businesses better than any other lenders. We use our industry- dominating proprietary data to conduct innovative, out-of-box thinking and quantitative analysis which drives OnDeck’s customer management strategies, product features and customer retention.
Credit Risk Strategies and Insights
- Drives the day-to-day analytical approaches and exploring solutions to particular problems
- Defines appropriate analytics models in addition to identifying and readying relevant data sources for analysis
- Collaborates with the data engineering functions in developing strategies for the collection, manipulation and analysis of data for various business functions e.g. marketing, sales, operations, among others
- Work with business to provide advanced analytic data modeling systems
- Designs and launches innovative and complex analytic models, utilizing a blend of contemporary and traditional data mining techniques, which applies to both structured and unstructured data sets
- Drive experimental data modelling designs within the business
- Constantly run A/B tests in order to evaluate changes in the business’s product/services
- Track the business performance against data analysis model and monitor trends in key business KPIs, providing valuable insights to relevant departments for overall business performance improvement
- Takes initiative and conducts exploratory data analyses and experimental designs, to help business better understand trends and behavior within the markets
- Responsible for Data Cataloguing, Quality, Linage, Audit and Usage
- Coordinate with stakeholders across the business both locally and internationally to understand business needs
- Coordinate with credit and risk strategy managers to translate risk requirements into insights analysis
- Collaborate with Finance, Sales, Operations and Collections to deliver advanced insights to drive business value
Qualifications for success
- 3 years of experience in model development, reporting and analytics for credit risk
- Full model lifecycle experience including development, validation, deployment and monitoring
- Advanced SQL skill to extract and consolidate data is essential
- Proven working knowledge and experience of Tableau preferred
- Advanced Excel skill is essential
- Strong communication skills; Ability to communicate and present complex analysis to a variety of non-technical audiences
- A strong analytical background with experience/desire for innovating disruptive solutions
- Ability to partner and collaborate effectively with stakeholders from broad cross- functional teams
- Undergraduate degree in an analytical field such as mathematics, statistics, computer science engineering or similar. Master’s degree a plus
What we offer you
- Competitive salary package
- Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Work in a fun, fast-paced start up environment with brilliant people
- Be on a motivated team that gets a lot done
- An open minded, collaborative culture of enthusiastic
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
How to Apply
Apply now by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the position title in the subject line