Help us build out the future of business lending at OnDeck. You’ll join a team focused on disrupting the commercial lending market and helping small business succeed by providing SMEs access to funding in the easiest and fastest way. We’re looking for a rockstar Product Manager to join our team that is motivated by the opportunity to bring our product vision to life and drive forward an ambitious roadmap.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Director of Product, you’ll be responsible for developing and implementing our product roadmap and key strategic initiatives. This begins with managing the launch of our new lending platform that will reduce our speed to decision by 50% and automate 70% of our origination process. You’ll be managing the 2nd phase of our transformation project which aims to instantly decision loan applications. Additionally, you’ll develop business cases, GTM strategies and implement initiatives such as introducing transaction monitoring, pre-approvals for existing customers and launching new product features.
Product Management can be many things. This role is one for those individuals that just thrive working with ambiguity, and aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty! At OnDeck our Product Manager gets involved with and has exposure to many key business initiatives, either leading them or contributing as a subject mater expert. From day one you’ll have the opportunity to accelerate your professional skill development in area such as presenting to senior audiences, communication, prioritisation, problem solving and leadership. This is the kind of experience it takes years to develop working in a bank or large organisation.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Drive product development from concept to launch and operate in a fast-paced setting
- Develop business cases for new strategic or tactical initiatives
- Prioritise the plethora of ideas we have into a structured product roadmap
- Work with the business to proactively recommend product enhancements that deliver improvements to financial product offer and customer experience
- Responsible for the intake and implementation of BAU/ad hoc platform changes, from requirements gathering through to implementation and release
- Working collaboratively with our US SaaS platform provider to implement key business initiatives and platform changes
- Identify opportunities for process improvements that can be enabled by Product or Technology enhancements
- And many, many other things…
To be eligible for this position you need
- 2-3 years management experience delivering end to end business projects, launches and/or campaigns
- FinTech experience is a plus but not required
- Have great communication skills and the ability to engage with various levels of stakeholders with different functions (marketing, risk, tech, sales, senior leadership)
- Have strong numerical, analysis and problem-solving skills – competent in using Excel at an advanced level
- Be very organised and can prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and manage a varied workload in a busy, professional environment
What sets you apart?
- You’re a curious, energetic self-starter with an action oriented mindset driven by results
- You are self-motivated and are excited by change and the unknown and thrive in a collaborative team
- You seek opportunity and enjoy the challenge of removing obstacles to business success
- Keen to grow your experience and are driven by the contributions you can make to building a successful, impactful product and customer experience
WHO ARE WE?
OnDeck Australia was founded in 2015 and has grown to become one of Australia’s largest online small business lender’s, in a category largely underserved by traditional banks and financial institutions. OnDeck Australia is a locally owned and operated business, headquartered in Sydney
We are changing the way business owners borrow money by combining our passion for small business with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, using real time data which enables us to say “yes” more often, to more business owners, faster than traditional lenders. We have helped thousands of small business owners across Australia access short term, unsecured finance to drive their business growth and enable more opportunities.
OnDeck’s point of difference has always been leveraging our unique credit scoring capability and our understanding of small businesses to provide best in class lending solutions, delivered by awesome people. The Key Online Australian Lending Algorithm (KOALA Score™) was developed in-house by our own data scientists and regarded as one of the most predictive models in the market. It uses a broad range of data sources that enables us to evaluate the financial health and repayment capacity of small businesses, which in turn enables us to offer larger loans to more businesses, through a fast and efficient online platform.
The success of the KOALA Score™ has supported the launch of our Lightning Loans® process. With more than two thirds of all decisions made without underwriter input, it creates a faster, more streamlined application process for loans of up to $150,000. Funding decisions can be made in as fast as 30 minutes, with approved applicants funded in as fast as two hours. This combination of KOALA and Lightning Loans is driving some of the fastest, most accurate lending decisions in the SME market today.
How to Apply
Apply now by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and quote the position title in the subject line