OnDeck are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for customer service with cutting-edge technology.
We achieve this using data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans in a much more convenient and customer-friendly way. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
About the Role
This role is responsible for reviewing, structuring and underwriting new and renewal loans for our SME customers.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Identifying, gathering, and analyzing relevant information to assess credit risk, determine sources of repayment, create appropriate loan structures, approve/decline the credit request
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations, credit policy, credit procedures, and the company’s credit philosophy to mitigate loss, delinquency and overall risk
- Analyze and interpret application data including financial statements, bank statements, tax information and credit bureau reports to verify transactions
- Work in a collegiately and collaboratively manner with sales team and other stakeholders whilst upholding the independence, objectivity and integrity of underwriting
We are looking for someone who has:
- 5 years of commercial lending, credit, or underwriting experience with previous Delegated Lending Authority
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics or related discipline
- Detailed orientated with strong analytical and intuitive investigative skills
Here at OnDeck we have a strong focus on team engagement, and we are very proud to be certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work Institute. We have an office in the heart of the CBD, employee discount programs, study benefits, paid parental leave benefits, fully stocked kitchen and much more.
If you would like to join our team please submit your resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.