This is an exciting opportunity for an experience General Counsel to contribute to OnDeck’s growth and success, by providing guidance on both strategic and day to day decisions based on strong commercial and legal analysis.
This position reports to the CFO, is a member of the Executive Team and works closely with our US based legal team to drive success.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide high quality and timely legal guidance across all legal matters at an Executive level
- Providing legal advice and support to all business units on legal, regulatory, contractual and compliance matters
- Contribute to the development and execution of commercial decisions based on sound legal advice
- Build legal frameworks for new business initiatives
- Building and maintaining effective, constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Manage multiple projects, Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Draft legal papers, contracts, agreements, and other legal documents as needed.
- Act as the compliance officer, providing regulatory and compliance advice; delivery of their compliance framework with regulatory policies and the Corporations Act
- Provide support on governance matters, including Board and Committee minutes
- Supporting the CEO, CFO & Head of Risk in managing relationships with key external stakeholders.
- Coordinate with outside counsel while effectively managing work output and costs
- Dealing with key Australian regulators (e.g. ASIC, APRA, etc)
- Support the Chief Risk Officer in maintaining the risk management infrastructure
- Manage the ongoing development and revision of our legal agreements and documents including loan documentation across all products
- Work closely with the legal team from our US parent company
- Experience managing employee share option plans
- High degree of commercial acumen coupled with strong legal acumen
- Exceptional interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Confidence managing multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Minimum of 10 years PQE, preferably within an inhouse environment
- Superior technical legal knowledge and ability to provide high level strategic, operational, policy and legal advice,
- Similar experience within the Financial Services industry
At OnDeck, you will:
- Literally change the landscape of small businesses one conversation at a time!
- Bring your thinking and creativity to advance our company’s values, unique culture, and vision for the future
- Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Work in a fun, fast-paced start up environment with some really cool and brilliant people
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary package
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work.
- A workplace full of bright, interesting, enthusiastic colleagues.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
To be part of the growth story and rewarding journey, apply for this position, or for further information, send your details to email@example.com with the position in the subject line.