Direct Marketing Manager
Who we are?
OnDeck is a leading online platform for small business loans which has recently announced expansion into the Australian market, introducing its disruptive online lending solution to Australia’s over two million small businesses. Founded in the US in 2006, OnDeck pioneered the use of data analytics and digital technology to evaluate, approve and fund small business loans as fast as the same day. Today, the OnDeck Group has loaned over US$12 billion to more than 100,000 small businesses across the US, Canada and Australia.
This is a great opportunity to work in a motivated and dynamic team that has ambitious growth targets but also likes having fun along the way.
This role reporting to the Head of Marketing is responsible for the delivery of critical marketing activities that drive new business growth. This includes developing and implementing campaigns that generate new inbound leads and applications for OnDeck via direct mail, TV, advertising, events and other direct marketing activity.
What will keep this person busy?
- Developing marketing strategies to drive customer acquisition in the direct channel.
- Implement the tactics and initiatives to deliver on the approved plans. This will include a mix of activities that support the marketing team achieving its monthly targets, including direct customer communications, direct mail, events, paid media, social media, newsletters etc.
- Monitor and measure the return-on-investment of marketing initiatives in terms of inquiries, leads, conversions and overall awareness in the direct channel. This includes ensuring accuracy in attribution, working closely with Sales team leaders on effective lead and application management.
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly updates on activity via Salesforce CRM tool to keep Marketing & Sales team updated with the funnel performance in the Direct channel.
- Manage OnDeck’s ongoing customer satisfaction measurement through in house NPS via Marketo and externally via Trustpilot
- Manage OnDeck’s research programs including customers, non-customers and competitors.
- Leverage industry and market research/best practice to improve the relevance of marketing communications, plans and initiatives.
- Work with key supplier and partners to optimize our relationships and deliver effective marketing programs (mailhouses, agencies, research etc.)
- Manage the overall Marketing Budget, with specific responsibility for the Direct budget.
What we need from you?
- Tertiary qualifications or formally studied in business, with a focus on communications, marketing or advertising.
- A proven track record in delivering results based marketing programs and campaigns that drive new business and/or retain existing, via third party channels.
- Strong reporting and analytical skills, the ability to get behind the numbers and identify what is driving the behaviours.
- Comfortable in challenging the status quo, developing new & alternative ideas, constantly ‘testing and learning’, seeking to continuously improve on best performance.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize opportunities to ensure effective and timely follow-up, delivering results on time or as agreed.
What sets you apart?
- You’re a curious, energetic self-starter who is fanatical about delivering results. You strive for excellence in all you do and are always looking at ways to raise the bar.
- You have a data-focus and love turning numbers into insights that can be used to drive business and commercial performance for external partners.
- You’re a true people person and thrive on developing and maintaining relationships with a range of people. Accordingly, you have a high level of emotional intelligence, and know how to read your audience to adapt your style as necessary.
What we offer you.
- Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Work in a fun, fast-paced start up environment with brilliant people
- Be on a motivated team that gets a lot done
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Variety of benefits and perks including discount of retailers and paid parental leave
- Be at the forefront of innovation, technology and disruption in the financial services industry in Australia
How to Apply?
To be part of the growth story and rewarding journey, apply for this position, or for further information, send your details to email@example.com with the position in the subject line.