OnDeck is changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for customer service with cutting-edge technology. We use data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to our customers. Through our industry-dominating proprietary data, we do innovative, out-of-box thinking and quantitative analysis which drives OnDeck’s customer management strategies, product features and customer retention.
We continuously invest in people, automation through technology, and efficiency through process optimisation. Here at OnDeck we have a strong focus on staff engagement, and we are very proud to be certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work Institute.
About the Role
OnDeck Australia runs on Data. This position is responsible for developing and optimising the performance and integrity of databases, interpreting raw data into business useable format to support data analytics that drives our success, as we work to understand small businesses better than any other lenders.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Design and develop data pipelines, data integration and orchestration architecture to collect, clean and store large datasets
- Design and build data warehouse with efficiency and reliability to meet business data needs
- Optimising database performance, maintaining and ensuring data quality and integrity
- Collaborate with teams across the company to help developing data products and tools to enhance Business Intelligence, Reporting and Analytics functions
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 5+ years of experience in data engineer/developer roles in the financial industry. Experience working with credit risk is ideal.
- Degree in computer science, software engineering or similar. Master’s degree a plus
- Demonstrated expertise in Object Oriented and functional programming
- Proven experience of building and maintaining ETL data pipeline and handling raw data, structured or unstructured
- In-depth knowledge of Snowflake (e.g snowpipe) and proven experience of using data pipeline and workflow management tools (Fivetran, Talend, Airflow etc.) preferred
- Proven working knowledge and experience of AWS and its tools a plus
How to Apply
Apply now by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and quote the position title in the subject line