Credit / Underwriting Manager
OnDeck are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for customer service with cutting-edge technology.
We achieve this using data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans in a much more convenient and customer-friendly way. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
About the Role
This is a great opportunity for someone who likes to :
- Manage a team of underwriters and act as key escalation point for any credit decision related issues
- Mentor and coach team members with the objective of balancing risk and return
- Analyze application data including financial statements, bank statements, credit card statements, and business and personal credit reports for larger, more complex transactions
- Underwrite loans in accordance to company guidelines
- Monitor performance of policies post execution and make recommendations regarding process standardisation and automation
We are looking for someone who has:
- Proven track record in managing a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics or related discipline
- 5-7 years of commercial lending, credit, or underwriting experience
- Solid credit fundamentals in a commercial environment. Formal credit training a plus
- Experience working with complex legal entity structures
Here at OnDeck we have a strong focus on team engagement, and we are very proud to be certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work Institute. We have an office in the heart of the CBD, employee discount programs, study benefits, paid parental leave benefits, fully stocked kitchen and much more.
If you would like to join our team please submit your resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.