Credit Underwriter / Assessor
ABOUT US Recently named an Australian Top 40 Employer, OnDeck is changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for customer service with cutting-edge technology. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans in a much more convenient and customer-friendly way. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders. ABOUT THE ROLE A fantastic opportunity is available for an ambitious and enthusiastic Underwriter to join our team. You will be primarily responsible for assessing and approving applicants within your Delegated Lending Authority whilst bringing a strong customer centric focus to the role. Primary responsibilities include:
- Identifying, gathering, and analyzing relevant information to assess credit risk, determine sources of repayment, create appropriate loan structures, approve/decline the credit request, and ensure compliance with applicable regulations, credit policy, credit procedures, and the company’s credit philosophy to mitigate loss, delinquency and overall risk.
- Confidently communicate (written and verbally) key risks and issues articulately and succinctly to various stakeholders and potential solutions to meet Ondeck guidelines
- Work in a collegiately and collaboratively manner with sales team and other stakeholders whilst upholding the independence, objectivity and integrity of underwriting
- Maintain strong communication flow with stakeholders during the underwriting process to ensure key issues and risks are identified and can be mitigated in timely manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics or related discipline
- Minimum 2-3 years of commercial lending, credit, or underwriting experience with previous Delegated Lending Authority
- Solid understanding credit fundamentals in a commercial environment. Formal credit training is desirable.
- Strong analytical and intuitive investigative skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business financial statements
- Detailed orientated with strong analytical and intuitive investigative skills
- Strong independent decision-making capabilities
- Ability manage multiple tasks and prioritize workflows
- Good communicator with ability to handle fast paced, dynamic interpersonal environment
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral or written form
- Exposure and knowledge of commercial lending to different transaction structures, products, assets and industry is highly desired
HOW TO APPLY At OnDeck we have a strong focus on team engagement. Enjoy an office in the heart of the CBD, employee discount programs, study benefits, paid parental leave benefits, fully stocked kitchen, career growth opportunities and much more. To learn more about our organisation, head to our Careers page at www.ondeck.com.au/careers/ If you would like to join our team please submit your resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.