Credit Risk Analyst
Who we are?
OnDeck are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for customer service with cutting-edge technology. Here at OnDeck we have a strong focus on staff engagement and we are very proud to recently be certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work Institute.
OnDeck is a leading online lending platform using disruptive technology to offer a smart funding solution to Australia’s two million small businesses. OnDeck is a data driven small business lender that can evaluate, approve and fund small business loans as fast as the same business day. Worldwide OnDeck has now originated more than US$12 billion in loans to more than 80,000 businesses in three countries (US, CA, AU).
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining credit risk and operational reports, interpreting data to meaningful business insights that drive business value and success, and assisting business to understand small business customers better than any other lender. This position will have exposure to marketing, sales, operations, credit risk and finance across the whole business.
Credit Risk Strategies and Insights
- Develop and maintain credit risk and operational risk reports
- Analyse and monitor portfolio performance, delinquency, default and loss
- Identify, evaluate and report on any credit risk issues related to policies and procedures
- Gather and merge data from various data sources to investigate and solve risk issues/problems
- Provide analytics and insights on risk trends and credit quality
- Assist with credit strategy and risk acquisition strategy optimisation
- Coordinate with stakeholders across the business both locally and internationally to understand business needs
- Coordinate with credit, collection and acquisition risk managers to translate risk requirements into insight analysis
Qualifications for success
- 2+ years of experience in credit risk analytical environment or equivalent
- Experience of SQL programming is essential, R programming a plus
- Experience of using Tableau for visualisation
- Advanced Excel skill
- Statistical modelling skill a plus
- Strong communication skills; Ability to communicate and present complex analysis to a variety of non-technical audiences
- Ability to partner and collaborate effectively with stakeholders from broad cross-functional teams
- Undergraduate degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or similar quantitative discipline
What we offer you
- Competitive salary package
- Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Work in a fun, fast-paced start up environment with brilliant people
- Be on a motivated team that gets a lot done
- An open minded, collaborative culture of enthusiastic technologists.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
To be part of the growth story and rewarding journey, apply for this position, or for further information, send your details to email@example.com with the position in the subject line.