Who we are?
OnDeck are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for customer service with cutting-edge technology. Here at OnDeck we have a strong focus on staff engagement and we are very proud to recently be certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work Institute.
OnDeck is a leading online lending platform using disruptive technology to offer a smart funding solution to Australia’s two million small businesses. OnDeck is a data driven small business lender that can evaluate, approve and fund small business loans as fast as the same business day. Worldwide OnDeck has now originated more than US$12 billion in loans to more than 80,000 businesses in three countries (US, CA, AU).
This is a great opportunity for a strong people leader with good influencing skills at a wider business level. This position will be responsible for managing the implementation of the risk delegation framework, it will evaluate and provide recommendations for policy exceptions and have demonstrated strong stakeholder engagement skills when engaging with other business units as this position will work closely with the marketing, sales, operations, credit risk and finance teams across the whole business.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, flexible, practical, delivery focused with excellent stakeholder management skills. They will have a keen eye for detail, passionate and resilient and will have a toolbox of tricks and tools that have been tried and tested in previous workplaces to allow our business to gain trust, to take them on the journey and enjoy working with. This position will require a candidate that is able to lift out of the day to day operational requirements of the team and focus on future strategic planning and initiatives.
- Monitor performance of policies post execution and make recommendations regarding process standardisation and automation
- Communicate policy changes and test recommendations, program approvals, performance trends with key stakeholders, and senior management
- Lead and manage meetings with key business partners like Marketing and Business Development, Sales, Product, Finance, and Legal
- Communicate clearly and effectively to business partners and senior leaders.
- Manage a team of underwriters and act as key escalation point for any credit decision related issues
- Ensure productivity of team is in line with business expectation
- Mentor and coach team members with the objective of balancing risk and return
- For more complex/large value transactions:
- Underwrite loans in accordance to company guidelines
- Analyse application data including financial statements, bank statements, credit card statements, and business and personal credit reports
- Conduct interviews with prospective clients
- Determine credit worthiness and approval amounts
- Work with complex legal entity structures
- Proven track record in managing a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics or related discipline
- 7 + years of commercial lending, credit, or underwriting experience
- Solid credit fundamentals in a commercial environment. Formal credit training a plus.
- Strong analytical and intuitive investigative skills
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret business financial statements
- Must be detailed oriented
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written, or schedule form.
- Ability manage multiple tasks and prioritise workflows
- Strong independent decision making capabilities
To be part of the growth story and rewarding journey, apply for this position, or for further information, send your details to email@example.com with the position in the subject line.