Business Intelligence Analyst
Who we are?
OnDeck are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for customer service with cutting-edge technology. Here at OnDeck we have a strong focus on staff engagement and we are very proud to recently be certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work Institute.
OnDeck is a leading online lending platform using disruptive technology to offer a smart funding solution to Australia’s two million small businesses. OnDeck is a data driven small business lender that can evaluate, approve and fund small business loans as fast as the same business day. Worldwide OnDeck has now originated more than US$12 billion in loans to more than 80,000 businesses in three countries (US, CA, AU).
OnDeck runs on data. This position is responsible for building and maintaining structured data, interpreting data to meaningful business insights that drive business value and success, and assisting business to understand small business customers better than any other lender. This position will have exposure to marketing, sales, operations, credit risk and finance across the whole business.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, flexible, practical, delivery focused with excellent stakeholder management skills. They will be data hungry, passionate and resilient and will have a toolbox of tricks and tools that have been tried and tested in previous workplaces to allow our business to gain trust, to take them on the journey and enjoy working with.
Data management and reporting
- Partner with US Data Engineering team to define and build the centralized data warehouse for Australia business
- Validate data warehouse for data integrity, quality and accuracy
- Design, develop, test and implement Australia customized data and data views for BI reporting and analysis
- Generate, maintain and improve BI reports and dashboard, and visualize data using Tableau.
Business Insight & Stakeholder Engagement
- Coordinate with stakeholders across the business both locally and internationally to understand business needs
- Coordinate with Business Managers to translate business requirements into Business Intelligence reports
- Develop data analytics and insights to answer business questions
Qualifications for success
- 1+ years of experience in business intelligence analysis and development
- Strong coding skill and experience of R and SQL programming are essential. Knowledge of Python and Bash a plus
- Experience of using Tableau for visualization
- Advanced Excel skill
- Strong communication skills; Ability to communicate complex analyses to a variety of non-technical audiences
- Ability to partner and collaborate effectively with stakeholders from broad cross-functional teams
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, IT or Mathematics related discipline
What we offer you
- Competitive salary package
- Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Work in a fun, fast-paced start up environment with brilliant people
- Be on a motivated team that gets a lot done
- An open minded, collaborative culture of enthusiastic technologists.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
To be part of the growth story and rewarding journey, apply for this position, or for further information, send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line.