Business Development Associate
OnDeck is a leading online platform for small business loans which has recently announced expansion into the Australian market, introducing its disruptive online lending solution to Australia’s over two million small businesses. Founded in the US in 2006, OnDeck pioneered the use of data analytics and digital technology to evaluate, approve and fund small business loans as fast as the same day. Today, the OnDeck Group has loaned over US$12 billion to more than 100,000 small businesses across the US, Canada and Australia.
Reporting directly to the National Channel Manager – Broker, you will be an integral part of the broker channel sales team based within a designated state or territory with the responsibility of maintaining, growing and to leverage key relationships with partners and having an accountability for a specific territory budget.
The key focus of the role will be to foster and maintain strong relationships to create a continuity of revenue via each key partner. You will work closely with several established partners as well as being responsible for the creation of new relationships capable of producing ongoing revenue.
This role is responsible for delivering unit and volume growth by developing sustainable and commercially viable and reciprocal relationships with Brokers in QLD. Our team prides itself in being able to educate, support and guide our Brokers through transactions for their small business clients. Supplying content, marketing collateral and working together on marketing campaigns is really just scratching the surface with our partner brokers. A single loan is great, but a return Broker is even better, and we are committed to earning business that lasts a lifetime.
What will keep this person busy?
- Prospect, qualify, on-board and maintain relationships with new broker partners
- Grow relationships with a portfolio of existing partners
- Engage broker partners to refer business and deliver territory sales volumes
- Build strong partnerships in order to build market awareness and referral opportunities
- Ensure best practice sales and marketing execution is adhered to across the territory
- Educate the OnDeck value proposition to ensure regular deal opportunities
- Partner with aggregator and association bodies state teams to identify, engage and build business referrals to achieve territory sales volumes and critical metrics
- Provide management with regular sales pipeline updates
- Ability to effectively overcome customer objections and train others to do the same in order to acquire new business
- Actively contribute to the wider team’s motivation and positive attitude towards becoming a market leader within targeted markets
- Maintain accurate information in our SalesForce CRM system
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability and a willingness to process a high volume outbound/inbound calls
- Exceeding daily, weekly and monthly KPI’s and sales targets (essential)
- Follow up on leads and maintain an active pipeline daily
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Serve as an ambassador for the OnDeck Australia brand
What you need to succeed:
- Min 2 years’ experience working within a channel sales BDM role
- Experience working with Brokers or third party origination channels highly desirable
- A lot of energy, passion, humour, compassion, and enthusiasm
- Focus on your goals and have a real desire to succeed
- Ability to exercise your own judgement and discretion while working independently
- Knowledge of financial services market structure (lenders, aggregators, brokers)
- Demonstrable capability to manage a defined territory of key accounts to meet and exceed budget
- Proven ability to identify, contact and partner with target referral sources
- Consultative approach to selling
- Strong business insight and a keen understanding of the key motivators for business owners within the SME marketplace
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What sets you apart?
- You’re a curious, energetic self-starter who is fanatical about delivering results. You strive for excellence in all you do and are always looking at ways to raise the bar.
- You have a data-focus and love turning numbers into insights that can be used to drive business and commercial performance for external partners.
- You’re a true people person and thrive on developing and maintaining relationships with a range of people. Accordingly, you have a high level of emotional intelligence, and know how to read your audience to adapt your style as necessary.
What we offer you.
- Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Work in a fun, fast-paced start up environment with brilliant people
- Be on a motivated team that gets a lot done
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Variety of benefits and perks including discount of retailers and paid parental leave
- Be at the forefront of innovation, technology and disruption in the financial services industry in Australia