Business Development Associate
QLD (Based in Sydney)
OnDeck are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for customer service with cutting-edge technology. Here at OnDeck we have a strong focus on team engagement, and we are very proud to be certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work Institute.
OnDeck is a leading online lending platform using disruptive technology to offer a smart funding solution to Australia’s two million small businesses. OnDeck is a data driven small business lender that can evaluate, approve and fund small business loans as fast as the same business day. Worldwide OnDeck has now originated more than US$12 billion in loans to more than 80,000 businesses in three countries (US, CA, AU).
This role will be based in Sydney and will require travel to Queensland approximately 1 -2 times per month. The role is responsible for delivering unit and volume growth by developing sustainable and commercially viable relationships with Brokers in QLD.
What will keep this person busy?
- Prospect, qualify, on-board and maintain relationships with new broker partners
- Grow relationships with a portfolio of existing partners
- Engage broker partners to refer business and deliver territory sales volumes
- Provide education on the OnDeck value proposition to ensure regular deal opportunities
- Achieve monthly volume targets for the territory
- Effectively overcome customer objections to acquire new business
- Follow up on leads and maintain an active pipeline daily
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Serve as an ambassador for the OnDeck Australia brand at industry events
What you need to succeed:
- Min 2 years’ experience working in a SME lending environment
- A lot of energy, passion, humour, compassion, and enthusiasm
- Ability to exercise your own judgement and discretion while working independently
- Strong business insight and a keen understanding of the key motivators for business owners within the SME marketplace
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Apply now by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com