People & Culture Business Partner
This newly created role is a great opportunity to take ownership and make your mark. Reporting to the Head of People & Culture, this role is pivotal in supporting with the design and execution of People Plans for our business. The focus of the role will be on enabling business leaders to effectively manage and support their people. The role will partner with the management team and take accountability for the effective delivery of people priorities.
Primary responsibilities include:
- First point of contact for supporting managers on core HR processes and matters pertaining to the employment lifecycle. This includes recruitment, performance management, goals and objectives, L&D, WHS, employee relations matters & employee engagement
- Pro-actively scan the external market for best practices and trends and bring them to OnDeck
- Work with the Head of People & Culture to deliver key business priorities and drive a high-performance culture in the business
- Manage the employee wellbeing program and social committee
- Act as a brand ambassador through managing the talent acquisition and on-boarding process, ensuring all team members have a brilliant experience. During key growth periods, this could represent 50% – 60% of the role
- Provide accurate reporting and analyze on HR metrics.
- Develop HR documents, policies and procedures based on applicable legislations, in particular the Fair Work Act and WHS legislation. Assist managers and employees in the application of such policies.
- Work with the Head of People to manage the goal setting, bonus and remuneration process
- High degree of commercial acumen coupled with strong HR experience
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) preferably in Human Resource Management
- 5 years + Generalist HR experience. In particular talent acquisition and performance management.
- Ability to build credibility with key stakeholders
- Strong experience and capability in managing multiple stakeholders and effectively partnering to influence decision-making
- Up to date knowledge of IR/HR legislation
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with all levels of professionals
- Flexibility in dealing with shifting priorities and a constantly changing environment
- MS Office experience with Word and Excel and Powerpoint skills.
- Self Starter, strong ability to prioritize incoming work
At OnDeck, you will:
- Literally change the landscape of small businesses one conversation at a time!
- Bring your thinking and creativity to advance our company’s values, unique culture, and vision for the future
- Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Work in a fun, fast-paced start up environment with some really cool and brilliant people
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary package
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work.
- A workplace full of bright, interesting, enthusiastic colleagues.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
To be part of the growth story and rewarding journey, apply for this position, or for further information, send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line.