National Channel Manager – Broker
This is an exciting opportunity to take ownership of and accelerate the growth in our Broker channel. This position is responsible for leading and growing our broker channel across Australia.
This position reports to the Head of Sales and is responsible for a team of Business Development Managers across VIC & QLD, and a team of inhouse Business Development Associates based in Sydney. Success in this role is based on developing a strong team and solid financial results. This role will also have overall responsibility for the ongoing account management of key broker aggregator relationships.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work with Head of Sales to execute the strategic sales plan to grow the broker channel. This strategy is based analysis of competitors, market and customer requirements, customer / broker satisfaction levels, segmentation and market trends
- Deliver key financial targets for the broker channel, including:
- # of accreditations
- Establish and maintain strong cross functional relationships to ensure smooth implementation of strategies to accelerate growth in this channel
- Marketing – Alignment with brand and marketing investment to maximise channel ROI, including PR, Media, Sponsorship, Events, Aggregators, etc
- Technology – Development of Broker Portal and CRM configuration and enhancement to support growth strategy, refinement of salesforce tools, etc
- Product – Drive Equipment Finance penetration across channel and future secured product offerings
- Risk – collaborate to optimise shareholder return while operating in a compliant environment
- Operations – ensure deal flow process is market leading and differentiated from competitors across each product offering
- People & culture – optimise sales team effectiveness providing strong coaching and development for individuals within the team. Team engagement essential
- Finance – collaborate to ensure pricing delivers shareholder return while supporting the growth strategy
- Build and maintain a high-performing sales team through close management of behavioural KPI’s and financial targets, coaching, guidance and leadership. Support the team through monitoring and improving funnel conversion metrics. Recruit team members when required
- Own the strategic road map for broker channel – present and refine with management when required
- Present monthly broker updates to management and Detailed Quarterly Broker Reviews.
- Manage monthly operating rhythm of channel forecasting and team / individual quota setting
- Represent OnDeck at various Broker, Aggregator, Association and industry events. Build strong relationships with industry associations (MFAA, FBAA & CAFBA)
- Enhance broker relationships and broker performance to support growth in this channel. Measured through broker and customer NPS
- Collate and track competitor reporting, ensuring OnDeck product, pricing and processes are positioned to for success
- Establish and build strong peer relationships with US OnDeck counterparties. Leverage best practice from OnDeck US to deliver growth
- Deep understanding of industry compliance and regulatory issues to ensure OnDeck is a market leading and compliant financier in the SME space
- Establish and maintain quarterly operating rhythm for key broker reviews
- Complete broker database tiering / profiling and prioritisation to drive strategic growth and maximise effectiveness of the sales team
- Be a strong brand ambassador for OnDeck
- Previous success scaling/building a team and channel
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within an intermediary / broker / 3rd party origination channel
- Exceptional interpersonal and internal & external stakeholder management skills
- Experience managing large and remote teams
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Tertiary education
- A forward thinker and problem solver who is comfortable to challenge the status quo
- Well-developed influencing and relationship building skills with external and internal stakeholders.
- Strong commercial acumen. Financial services experience desired but not essential
- Detailed knowledge of the financial services broker network desired but not essential.
At OnDeck, you will:
- Literally change the landscape of small businesses one conversation at a time!
- Bring your thinking and creativity to advance our company’s values, unique culture, and vision for the future
- Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Work in a fun, fast-paced start up environment with some really cool and brilliant people
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary package
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work.
- A workplace full of bright, interesting, enthusiastic colleagues.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
To be part of the growth story and rewarding journey, apply for this position, or for further information, send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line.