L&D Manager – Sales
About the Role
At OnDeck we create innovative lending experiences and financial products that help small businesses succeed. Worldwide OnDeck has originated more than US$10 billion in loans to more than 80,000 businesses in three countries (US, CA, AU). Founded in 2015, OnDeck Australia is a subsidiary of OnDeck Inc. and since inception, has been on a healthy growth trajectory.
This is an exciting newly created opportunity for an experienced sales trainer/coach/manager or L&D sales specialist take ownership of driving performance through effective call coaching, sales training and development for our Sales team. This role reports into the Head of People & Culture with a dotted line into the Head of Sales.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Monitor sales agent’s overall effectiveness throughout the sales process and provide coaching & training to improve sales capability at each stage of the process (e.g. opening, pitch, objection handling closing, etc.) and against key performance metrics (e.g. conversion rate, booking rate, etc.)
- Provides in-depth and regular one on one coaching, training and follow-up to optimize sales and customer service. This represents approximately 50% of the role.
- Implement reporting & metrics that identify performance enhancement opportunities and track the ongoing impact coaching has on performance
- Design & execute local sales training programs including presentations
- Work with the compliance team to ensure OnDeck sales agents represent our brand in a compliant way, protecting our reputation
- Deliver the relevant training required with the launch of new sales initiatives, changes in products and processes, pricing, campaigns and business processes
- Assist in developing sales scripts, training and workflows
- Must have a proven track record in coaching phone based sales teams in both a 1:1 setting and classroom setting to drive performance
- Extensive knowledge and experience in an equivalent commercially-focused Sales training/coach/L&D role
- Solid experience in the design, delivery and evaluation of learning solutions
- Strong relationship building, influencing and business partnering skills
- Financial Services experience preferred but not essential
Why Work for OnDeck?
Our mission is to help Australian small businesses succeed and we’re very proud of the positive impact we are having as we achieve this mission. Check out what our customers have to say: https://au.trustpilot.com/review/ondeck.com.au
Our team is the most vital part of achieving our mission. Open leadership, regular communication, a great team environment, a fully stocked kitchen, regularly team building activities and offices in the heart of the CBD is just the beginning.
OnDeck is going through an exciting phase of growth. To be part of the story and the journey, please submit your resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.