A fantastic opportunity is available for an ambitious and enthusiastic Collections Officer to join the team at OnDeck Capital Australia Pty Ltd. This is a key position within the OnDeck Operations Team. You will be primarily responsible for providing outstanding customer service and assisting in our commercial arrears portfolio bringing a strong customer centric focus.
Key responsibilities include:
- Handle high volume outbound and inbound phone calls
- Negotiate the collection of outstanding accounts in a respectful manner and build rapport with our customers
- Adhere to all legislative guidelines including ASIC and ACCC and Privacy Act
- Handle multiple incoming requests through LiveChat, phone, and email and provide in-depth, knowledgeable answers
- Be proactive and willing to learn
- Identifying reasons for clients arrears and negotiating a resolution
- Adhere to internal policy, system processes and external regulatory requirements
- Skip Trace
- Assess and respond to customer enquiries
- Attend and respond to proposed bankruptcy petitions, liquidations and other insolvency requirements
- Supporting other team members with ad hoc duties that are vital in achieving departmental goals, particularly Customer Service
- Assess and respond to financial hardship applications
- Work part of a team to achieve KPI
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics or related discipline is highly regarded
- 1+ years’ experience and demonstrated high performance in an unsecured or secured commercial collections role
- Have a positive attitude, are team oriented, social and fun to work with
- Detailed orientated with strong analytical and intuitive investigative skills
- Ability manage multiple tasks and prioritize workflows
- Good communicator with ability to handle fast paced, dynamic interpersonal environment
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral or written form
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience using Salesforce is desired but not essential as on the job training will be provided
At OnDeck, you will:
- Literally change the landscape of small businesses one conversation at a time!
- Bring your thinking and creativity to advance our company’s values, unique culture, and vision for the future
- Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Work in a fun, fast-paced start up environment with some really cool and brilliant people
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary package
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work.
- A workplace full of bright, interesting, enthusiastic colleagues.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
To be part of the growth story and rewarding journey, apply for this position, or for further information, send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line.